Beauty is not a number on the scale

Honestly, it breaks my heart to see so many women on diets so that they can be thin and skinny; women put themselves through hell so that they can look "good" according to society.

I understand trying to change your diet in order to be healthy and fit, but when the sole purpose is to just lose weight so that you fit into what society says, I feel truly sad. Every person is beautiful in their own way and if we were all thin, what would make us any different from others? Why would we ever all want to be exactly the same? I don't think it is right to be miserable and deprive yourself of the foods and things you want in order to achieve so goal that society set. Reach your own goals, be your own person, and love yourself. Trust me, being skinny will NOT solve all of your problems.

I've done a lot of research on eating disorders and have learned a lot, and it all is just a sad reality to me. Don't let society make you feel like less of a person because of what you weigh or how you look, because people love you regardless of what the scale says or what you see in the magazines. Don't let your weight consume your life; be healthy and do things for you, not just to appeal to what people tell you is beautiful. Society is mean, people are mean, and everyone feels inadequate at times, but remember that there will never be a more beautiful you and that your life is yours to live and be happy in.

I know I'm not one to talk, since I am quite small, but I just want to remind my friends and their friends and whoever is reading this that they are beautiful, even if society doesn't seem to accept it now. Remember to be kind to others, because we are all battling against society's view of beauty, we are all fighting the same fight. There will be multiple who come along and see your true beauty, because beauty is not a number on a scale, it's who you are within that radiates out. Remember that, the next time you look at the scale and feel like you're not good enough.

Happy and healthy > Skinny

No comments