I dare you

Like I said in yesterday's blog post, we don't usually push ourselves to the limit. When asked to do something, it's very rare that we do it to the absolute best of our ability. We don't go all out.

Why? I think we don't go all out because we are terrified that our best won't be good enough, and I can see how that is scary. No one wants to feel failure, no one wants to think they aren't "good enough". It's sucks, I'll admit it, but there are different ways to look at it. 

Yeah, if we go all out, we may come up short, and that kind of sucks. But look at it this way, now you know what you need to work on to achieve your goal. You'll realize how important (or not) it is to you and find a way to proceed. Failure is not who you are, it's just a part of the journey, so don't let it define you.. Find the good, learn from it, and go from there. 

Another downside of going all is that it is exhausting. Seriously. To go all out, all of the time, is hard stuff, but I think it's worth it. You have one life, so why not be thoroughly invested in it? Like my blog title says: This is your life, your time is now. Let your passion drive you, there is no better time to put your whole heart into the things you do than right now. 

Be present in the moment, be invested in others, be invested in yourself. You have the ability to make your life absolutely amazing, you have the opportunity to help make others' lives more amazing, so why not do it? Invest in yourself, relationships, and others, I guarantee your life will be so much better.

Go all out, I dare you.


No comments