Don't follow the sheep

I believe in intentionality and purpose in the things that I do. I believe that our actions can change the world that we live in, and that they should change them for the better. With that being said, one thing I CANNOT stand is when people justify what they are doing with the fact that it's what everyone is doing.

There are many things wrong with this logic. I mean seriously, listen to yourself, well everyone else does it, so why don't I do it to? Like I've said in past blogs, we want to fit in, so why not just continue to go with the crowd? Other people doing it should not be the reason that you do it, following the crowd is NOT justification for your actions.

We should be intentional and figure out WHY we are doing things and we shouldn't let following the crowd be a valid reason for action. Blindly following the crowd will get you nowhere; you shouldn't let a group of others dictate how you are going to live your life.

So many times in Greek life or student government life, I hear people want to change because they hear thats what other people are doing or they know that's what other people are doing. They want to change so they can be like other people. But the real question is WHY? Will it make your organization better? Will it eliminate unnecessary steps in your processes? Or are you just doing it because other people do it?

Actions without purpose are pointless. Don't blindly follow the crowd, question it, be curious, and when needed, forge your own path towards greatness.

Be curious, it will take you a long way.

No comments