If you let it

Insecurity will destroy if you allow it to, believe that.

Every struggles with who they are at some point, it's hard to be 100% confident, 100% of the time, especially with the pressure that society puts on all of us. It also gets especially hard to see the beauty in ourselves when things go wrong. We try and figure out what is "wrong" with us, and that's where the trouble starts.

Maybe he/she would like me if I was taller or if my head wasn't so big, or if my hair was nicer, or if I was skinnier, or if my teeth were straighter, or maybe if I had bigger boobs. Honestly, I could go on forever about reasons that I'm not good enough, but it doesn't change the fact that no matter how close to "perfect" you get, you are never going to be happy with who you are.

It's a sad reality when we live in a place where we think that the things on the outside will change how people feel about us. The things that we tell ourselves late at night aren't true - changing how you look outside won't make things better for you on the inside. If the solution to all of your problems is making yourself look better, I can almost guarantee that no matter how good you look, there will always be something missing.

So as hard as it is, you have to learn to embrace who you are, flaws and all. Because it's those differences that make you uniquely you. It's those differences that set you apart. I truly believe that someday, you will find someone who loves you for just who you are, and I can't think of anything more perfect than finding someone you can be absolutely comfortable with.

Some days it will be hard, and that voice inside telling you that you aren't good enough will be loud, but you have to be able to tell it that it's wrong. Because like I said, insecurity will destroy you if you let it.

No comments