Futures

People always ask me what I am going to do when I graduate and I never know what to tell them, but I am not afraid of that question. I don't question my abilities, I just question where I will apply them.

I want to work somewhere that allows me not only to utilize the education and skills I earned at college, but also allows me to be happy in my work. This isn't about doing what's fun or gets the biggest paycheck, it is giving me the opportunity to help others. Anyone can make money, it's not that hard, but I want to love my life and what I do afterwards, not just punch in and punch out.

I need something to believe in, something to work for, not just someone to work for. I want to believe in people, because I know that we can all do such amazing things, if we can just be inspired. I want to put my heart and soul into something that I believe in, I want to make the place I live better.

So I guess the answer is that I don't know what I'm doing with my life, but I am not afraid. Who knows where I'll end up, but where I am isn't what matters; I want to be a part of something bigger than myself, I want to help others and I want to make this world a better place. If we can ever to hope to change this place, we have to be the change. Call me foolish, but I believe it's what I'm supposed to do. I may be a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

No comments