YSK: Project Unbreakable

Very recently, I stumbled upon something great, something amazing, something awe inspiring. This something is called Project Unbreakable. And don't let the name fool you it's more than just a project, it is a community in itself, it is storytelling, it is so much more than I could ever describe, but I will try nonetheless.

Project Unbreakable was created in October of 2011 by Grace Brown; the project shows photographs of survivors of sexual assaults holding a poster with a quote from their attacker. These photographs are beyond powerful and shed light onto a subject that is often swept under the rug: sexual assault. These photographs make the experience real to other people, it's just not someone you heard of, it is something that you can see. It also says something about the survivors; it says they are stronger than their attacker, that they will not let this define them. Project unbreakable gives the survivors a chance to share their story, to have the last word.

Although I have never had to experience sexual assault, I know people who have, and I am forever grateful to Grace Brown for creating Project Unbreakable, it is something that is truly phenomenal.

Like I said, I can't possibly describe Project Unbreakable in words, so check it out for yourself!

No comments