They didn't tell us about this...

First, thank you all so much for the texts and emails and messages asking about why I'm not blogging and when I'm going to start again - I NEED that accountability! It's been hard, and the writer's block I've been feelings is because right now, I just don't know. As for the non-existent blog, here's part of the why:

The life of a twenty-something graduate. Completely uncharted territory.

We have a plan laid out for us as children, go to school. Keep going to school. Keep going. College! Yay! Because college will get you a job.

Then eventually, we are supposed to get married and start our own families.

But here I am, a twenty-something college grad, with a great job. But the biggest question is NOW WHAT? What am I supposed to do with this time in between? There's no instructions, no guide to what I'm supposed to be doing. What happens between point A and point B? This is life's great mystery for me at the moment.

And while I may not know exactly what I'm supposed to be doing, the point is for me to do something. To learn. Live. Grow. Figure it out, a step at a time. AND IT'S HARD. Because if you know me, I like to plan (not as much as before, I'm letting go, I promise!). Not knowing is scary and it's hard, but with this whole stepping into the unknown thing, it's kind of great. Because I may not know what's in store for the future, but I am getting to know myself a lot more.

So hey, at this point, there's no guide for what I should do, which means I've got to go out and explore! I'll keep y'all updated with my life as best as I can while navigating these waters.

No comments