Can we make food crush Friday a thing?



If you didn't know, I love food. Secret's out. Actually, it's not even a secret. I'd scream it from the mountain tops (you know, if I ever made it up a mountain or something).

One of the cool things about Utah is that there is a ton of food, just waiting to be eaten. Specifically, food trucks - everywhere, all the time, moving around and providing joy to all those who partake of the deliciousness.

But today, I want to talk about one in particular. Savour Foods. It's a food truck. It's blue. It's glorious.

They make sliders that are to live for (that's right, sometimes the thought of their good gets me through my extra tough days). Personally, my favorite is the stuffed mushrooms pictured above, because seriously it's like heaven. No exaggeration. I had them once on a Thursday maybe. Then that's all I could think of for the next 24 hours, how can I get more? Where will they be? I WANT IT NOW (a la Veruca Salt). So Friday, I just counted down the hours until I was off work so I could find them. The story unfolds like this: A sheepish little Lauren walks up to food truck, doing some awkward nervous dance that may or may not resemble a toddler's potty dance. They ask how they can help me. I get awkward, as usual, and something close to this phrase comes out "okay, well... I don't know how to say this, but, um. CAN I GET FIVE ORDERS OF STUFFED MUSHROOMS". Riotous laughter ensues because, you know people find my awkwardness hilarious. I get the mushrooms and instant euphoria. Like, I'm eating in my car on the way home because I seriously can't wait. No shame.

It's the best food truck of all the ones I've visited (and trust me, that's a lot). I tell my friends, my roommates, my family, anyone who will listen about the greatness. And all of the ones that have come with me or tasted any of the food, agree. It's too legit and they should NEVER quit. Ever. The food is so good that when you're done you wish you could have more, and it makes you sad that you can't fit anymore in your stomach. No exaggeration. If they have them, I endorse the stuffed mushrooms (duh), chicken pesto slider, and pork wontons with peach chutney, but seriously, I'm sure that anything they make is good.

Not only is their food delicious - but Matt and Collin are awesome. I mean, I love them in the least creepy way possible. I mean, after that embarrassing 5 orders of stuffed mushrooms, how could I not? They're awesome. Their food is awesome. Their passion for food shines through in all that they make - like seriously guys, it's made with love, which makes it heavenly.

So if you live in Utah County, it's definitely worth the trip to go find them and order up some sliders, stuffed mushrooms, or whatever other specials they're cooking up! You can like them on Facebook or follow them on Instagram (@savourfoodtruck) to figure out where they'll be serving up little sliders of Heaven next!

(PS I'll be uploading more pictures of their food to this post later next week - it's just hard to have the self-control to refrain from stuffing my face long enough to take pictures)

No comments