With a spirit of gratitude, life freaking rocks

Yo my blog-reading peeps, I just need to let you know that my cheeks literally hurt from smiling so much today because I had such an insanely awesome day!

Why was it insanely awesome you may ask? It's not because I got a whole bunch of cool things or did a whole bunch of stuff. Really, if you look at it from the outside, it would look like a pretty mediocre day. Got my drink, went to work, returned some clothes. Not something that usually rocks someone's world, right? But today, today it was amazing.

Here's why.

Today was my first day back in a week. I got to see my work pals who make me oh so happy. I beat my friend in ping pong for like the second time in my life. I caught up and learned about everyones joyous holidays. And I worked. Like cool, right? Still doesn't sound amazing really though. But just think, non-stop smiling and joy and happiness because the people I work with are absolutely amazing and I love the relationships that I have built in my time at vivint. It may not seem like a super awesome day to you, and that's understandable - you've never met these people and you haven't had the opportunity to experience just how great they are.

Enough bragging about how awesome my coworkers are though, there's another part to this awesomely amazing day. I made the decision that it was going to be awesome and that I was going to be awesome as well. I chose. I left last week feeling meh. Meh about my job, meh about my work, just meh. I wasn't myself and I allowed myself to be negative about anything that went awry. Last night, I decided to put my best foot forward, give others grace, and love life. And guess what, I did?

I loved every second of today because I was myself and when I am the best version of myself, people respond in a way that inspires me to be even better. I loved every second of the day because I chose to live with a spirit of gratitude and be thankful for the people and the things and the experiences that I had today. I loved every second of the day because I decided not to get hung up on little things, but rather find solutions to the things that were bothering me. To speak constructively to help others and myself.

Today, I woke up and was grateful to be me. Because I am the only person who can be me and I am the only person who can do what I was put here to do. I was happy to be me, I was authentically me, all day. And I am grateful. Grateful that I was able to me and grateful to be surrounded by people who accept me.

Today rocks because I chose to live with a spirit of gratitude and be unapologetically and authentically me. You should really try it sometime, because I want your day to rock too!

No comments