Someone told me I fell off, ooh I needed that

Yeah, that's right. Drake lyrics. That's how I'm going to start off, with Drake lyrics, judge me, I dare you.

But really, I did fall off. In like almost every aspect of my life, it's bad.

Do I see my friends? No.
Do I talk to anyone I don't see on a daily basis? Not really.
How have I been doing at my job? Actually kind of crappy.
When was the last time I did laundry (like actually folding it and you know, completing the task)? I don't know like 2 months ago... maybe?
How much sleep have I been getting? Like 5 hours on a good day... maybe

I'm not saying this to complain, don't get me wrong. I know I chose to be this busy all the time, but something's gotta give at this point. I'm stretched thin and really, I'm like a walking zombie. And Walking Zombie Lauren is no good for anyone.

Being, at most, half present is not good for anyone. Not good for work, not good for friends, not good for people around me, and it's definitely not good for me. I know it's impossible to be 100% present 100% of the time, but choosing to show up less than 60% everywhere I go is shitty.

So here's to making time for myself, being intentionally in what I choose to do, and getting back to what's important.

I love you all, even if I you never see me, even if I suck at texting, even if I never show up to your parties, I love you so, so much.


No comments